The updates to John Deere’s Gator line for this year focus on operator side retention, winch enhancements, and specific performance tweaks to each model category.
Here are the upgrade highlights:
- Operator Side Retention (OSR) is now standard on all Operator Protective Structure (OPS) equipped Gator utility vehicles.
- Stylized poly doors can be ordered in lieu of nets for certain models. The nets allow for easy one-handed operation, provide great visibility and allow for accessible ingress and egress from the utility vehicle.
- A new Warn ProVantage 3,500 or 4500 lb. winch increases pulling capacity up to 1,500 additional pounds over previous models.
- The heavy-duty line of XUVs (625i, 825i, 855D) features digital display and operator station updates. The new digital display now includes a glow plug indicator light (diesel), a flashing water temperature icon, and a power steering indicator (if equipped). New illuminated dash switches provide better nighttime visibility.
- An ag management solutions system (AMS) integration kit is also available for the heavy-duty models. This kit allows a customer to mount a StarFire receiver and GS display (both sold separately) to the Gator to assist with boundary mapping, flagging field obstacles, and soil sampling.
- The highlight of the mid-duty line of XUVs (550, 550 S4) is an improved braking system that delivers 26 percent reduction in brake pedal effort and improved operator feedback while maintaining superior braking performance.
Visit your local John Deere dealer or www.JohnDeere.com/Gator to learn more.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to Farm Industry News Now e-newsletter to get the latest news and more straight to your inbox twice weekly.