With all of the news about precision farming, it is easy to get lost in the headlines of product offerings. Over the summer we received dozens of news release on new apps, modems, management information systems and cloud-based data sharing centers.
There are many companies offering such products, but to narrow it down, we’ll focus on just the new ones being offered by the “Big 3” Original Equipment Manufacturers or OEMs: John Deere, CNH and Agco.
Here’s a roundup.
AGCO announced new products and upgrades as part of its Fuse Technology. Key updates include:
- Fuse Connected Services. This is a new offering that allows for self-monitoring of machinery, data transfer and management plus set-up, calibration and operation support from the global Fuse Contact Center. Higher level packages offer remote condition monitoring by dealers, off-season inspections and reviews, operational consultation and training. Read more here
- Go-Task Mobile App provides for the wireless transfer of task data to and from select AGCO machines. Read more here.
- Next generation of integrated guidance technology. Agco says the new guidance offerings bring customers more guidance and correction signal choices. Read more here.
Announced enhancements to its AFS Connect fleet management and machine monitoring system with wireless data transfer and expanded network coverage. Key updates include:
- A new modem that taps into CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) and GSM (Global System for Mobile) networks for better coverage with access to 180 carriers. It automatically selecs the best signal available without operator intervention.
- Two-way file transfer of yield maps, prescriptions or guidance lines from the machine to the portal and from the portal back to the machine.
- Expanded support of ISOBUS implements through the Advanced Farming Systems ISO Task Controller
- New Multiswath capability that works with AccuGuide for improved guidance line patterns
Read more here.
John Deere announced new precision ag products that included John Deere Harvest Mobile and John Deere Field Connect with a Gateway 3G upgrade and Wireless Radio Kit. Key updates include:
- John Deere Harvest Mobile is a software system that guides combine operators to make machine adjustments based on real-time information being collected on a field.
- Field Connect Gateway 3G modem and Wireless Radio option bring improved serviceability and faster connection speeds to John Deere’s remote moisture and environmental sensing products.
Read more here.
New Holland announced it has expanded its PLM Connect technology. Key updates include:
- Cloud-based, two-way wireless data transfer;
- Improved network coverage and reliability with compatibility with two of the largest cellular networks in North America: GSM and CDMA. It searches between the networks and automatically connects to the strongest cellular network connection available.
- New Application Program Interface, or API, to provide an open architecture for easy and secure data exchange
Read more here.