Here’s a callout to Barbara Walters. Agriculture has its own cast of fascinating people, many of whom Farm Industry News has had the chance to interview over the course of the magazine’s 48-year history.
We call these people “Industry Insiders,” and this past year we brought you 10 of them, each with their own take on the product, trends and technologies that are changing the farm industry.
You’ve probably read about them in print. Now it’s time to meet them again.
- Harry Stine, president and founder of Stine Seed Co., talks about genetics designed for twin-row crops.
- David Friedberg, CEO and founder of The Climate Corporation and former Google employee, talks about how crop and weather models can help mitigate the risks of farming.
- Business author Russ Banham says Big Data is the future; outlines how 10 industries are benefiting.
- Rik van Bruggen, sales manager with SPG Innovatie BV which Raven acquired last year, tells us about a new automated steering system called SBGuidance Twin, where both tractor and implement are steered simultaneously, but independently.
- Global hunger and food security expert Dr. Margaret Zeigler talks about the technology needed to meet world food demand.
- Agco's Matt Rushing testifies on House Ag Committee about the challenges and opportunities of collecting data on farms.
- Jeremy Leifker, John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, talks about using data for real-time adjustments on your farm and how that could enhance management.
- Russ Green, director of product and brand strategy for Agco, talks about what’s next for Agco with its Fuse technology and a range of product enhancements.
- Salford executive Dave King talks about new markets for the company how it is crossing the divide between farm machinery and precision farming.
- Agco GSI’s Greg Trame offers insight on trends and the new features grain bin buyers are looking for on farms.